HealthPOINT paid internships feature high impact projects and experience in a start-up environment. Your time at HealthPOINT may vary but is based on a 3 or 6-month duration. Work schedules are flexible based on projects or intern commitments, but usually are 10 to 30 hours per week.
As an intern at HealthPOINT you will be assigned to work on one or more projects based on your interests, experience and the needs of the organization. The full range of projects will fall under the general categories of Technology / R&D, Outreach and Education, and HIT Implementation.
Typically a diverse team will be assembled to work each project and will be responsible for meeting set goals and deliverables. This means that you will get tangible and practical experience with your internship at HealthPOINT Current and planned projects:
- Viability of Open Source EHR products
- Provider Mapping / Clinical Data Base Project
- Education, Training and Curriculum Development Project
- Provider Outreach
- Clinical EHR Implementation
- Organization Sustainability Strategy Project
HealthPOINT internships offer experiences for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and education. We are seeking smart, motivated and passionate people who have a genuine desire to learn and grow in the health IT arena. Whether you have a high school diploma or are a Ph.D. candidate, there is a place for you in our program.
HealthPOINT internships are paid internships. All applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
How to Apply
Send a Resume and Statement of Interest to HealthPOINTemail@example.com.
Resume/CV should include:
- Education level & eligibility to work in the US
- Previous experience
- Publications (if any)
- Relevant technical skills (if any)
- Foreign language skills (if any)
- At least 3 references, with contact phone# and email address (if available)
Statement of Interest:
Create a one-page summary (in PDF or Word format) that includes the following:
- Area(s) of Interest (Technology / R&D, Outreach and Education, and HIT Implementation)
- Indicate interest in the 3 month or 6 month program
- Why are you interested in a HealthPOINT internship?
- Describe your personal character, leadership skills, a major accomplishment and/or challenges overcome and how that will enhance your experience at HealthPOINT