One of the many benefits of working with HealthPOINT is the direct line of communication we provide through our connection with federal, state and healthcare associated partnerships. The education, outreach and services we provide are based on nationally recognized best practices and federal guidelines.
- Medical knowledge and science and high standards of medical education
- Medical ethics and competence in the art of healing
- Laws and regulations that protect and enhance the physician/patient relationship and improve access and delivery of quality medical care
- An understanding between the public and the medical profession
- Improving quality of care for beneficiaries;
- Protecting the integrity of the Medicare Trust Fund by ensuring that Medicare pays only for services and goods that are reasonable and necessary and that are provided in the most appropriate setting; and
- Protecting beneficiaries by expeditiously addressing individual complaints, such as beneficiary complaints; provider-based notice appeals; violations of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA); and other related responsibilities as articulated in QIO-related law.