We are South Dakota’s Health IT Resource and Support Center
- The federally- designated health information technology (HIT) resource and support center for all South Dakota healthcare providers. We specialize in assisting healthcare providers in analyzing their practice readiness and opportunities to achieve tangible results from the implementation and effective utilization of electronic health records (EHRs).
- An independent, non-profit organization, providing technical assistance, guidance, and information on best practices to support and accelerate providers’ efforts to become meaningful users of certified EHR technology.
- Part of Dakota State University and are located in Madison, SD. This affiliation with DSU is mutually beneficial because DSU is the IT educational institution for the state and offers many Health IT courses/program in addition to its Workforce Training program that has placed several hundred Health IT workers throughout the state in healthcare-related positions.
- Made up of a team of experienced local health information technology (HIT) professionals with intimate knowledge of the South Dakota medical community
- Able to offer health care providers a combination of national insight and local expertise on the impact of EHRs in medical practice
- Part of a national network of 60 regional extension centers with direct, rapid and reliable access to a pipeline of key information on health IT and meaningful EHR use
- Helping youth of South Dakota and the broader United States be healthier through Health EDventure educational programs for kindergarten through high school-age students.
- Partnered with key SD stakeholders