GIVING CLINICIANS THE SUPPORT AND TOOLS NEEDED TO THRIVE IN VALUE-BASED CARE
The Compass Practice Transformation Network (Compass PTN) was founded by the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative and partners across Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and South Dakota as part of the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI).
The TCPI is a national initiative funded by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) to support primary and specialty clinicians in achieving sustainable and quality care practices that will:
- Improve health outcomes for patients;
- Improve care coordination through connectivity;
- Better engage patients and families in their care;
- Improve patient, clinician and staff satisfaction;
- Reduce the overall cost of care
Through coaching, mentoring and assisting in the identification and development of core competencies necessary to transform clinical practice, the Compass PTN will position clinicians to meet quantifiable improvement outcomes, achieve the Triple Aim and thrive in the value-based environment. In addition, this assistance will help clinicians and practices prepare to participate in shared savings and other pay-for-value programs.
Here is a short message from Dr. Tom Evans, CEO of Iowa Healthcare Collaborative.READY TO JOIN?
It is a challenging time to practice medicine. That’s why there’s never been a better time to consider joining the Compass Practice Transformation Network. Participating clinicians and their practices are supported by a six-state, provider-led clinical and operational team dedicated to working collaboratively in order to improve health outcomes while ensuring future success in the changing value-based healthcare environment. WHO IS THIS INITIATIVE FOR?
Practice Transformation Networks (PTN) are for primary and specialty care clinicians and practices that serve Medicaid, Medicare and/or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients, especially those in medically under-served, rural or health professional shortage areas.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Clinicians who are included on the 2015 CMS Physicians Quality Reporting System (PQRS) List of Eligible Professionals and are not enrolled in a Medicare ACO or other similar CMS advanced payment models are eligible to participate*. Other clinicians such as pharmacists and nurses may also benefit from many of the tools and resources offered by the Compass PTN.
*An assessment will be completed to determine eligibility.
WHAT IS THE COST TO PARTICIPATE?
There is no monetary cost for clinicians and practices to participate in the Compass PTN. Clinicians and practices will need to invest time in care transformation initiatives throughout participation.
- Optimize health outcomes for your patients through direct access to a designated Quality Improvement Advisor for your practice, evidence-based quality improvement and patient engagement resources designed to help streamline clinic processes and improve patient safety.
- Access the data you need, including comparison data on clinical performance, to demonstrate value and successfully achieve and thrive in programs such as the Physician Quality Reporting System, Meaningful Use, Value Modifier and ultimately, the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
- Implement solutions now before they are mandated through payment mechanisms, by implementing clinical performance measurement and reporting, quality improvement, patient-centered care and population health management solutions that work for you and your patients.
- Take ownership of health care transformation to lead, guide and influence the future of care with the support of your Compass PTN peers.
- Collaborate with clinician colleagues locally, regionally and nationally to accelerate your own innovative care strategies.
Compass Practice Transformation Network
Phone: (515) 283-9330
Compass PTN South Dakota Contact
Tara Gill, MSAS CHSP,
HealthPOINT Project Manager
PTN Quality Advisor
Dakota State University
Office: (605) 256-5555
The Compass Practice Transformation Network (Compass PTN) is a clinician-led, patient-focused partnership of over 7,000 clinicians across Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and South Dakota, committed to transforming primary and specialty care practices in order to achieve Better Care, Smarter Spending and Healthier People.
Founded in 2015 as part of the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative, the Compass PTN is one of 29 networks in the United States that provides peer-based learning networks to coach, mentor and assist clinicians in developing core competencies specific to care transformation.
For more information about Compass Practice Transformation Network, please visit www.ihconline.org/CompassPTN
The Compass Practice Transformation Network is supported by Funding Opportunity Number CMS-1L1-15-003 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents of this publication are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or any of its agencies.