To assist long term care providers with the implementation and adoption, DSU has packaged select units of the health IT curriculum that will boost your health IT skills and knowledge. The certificate is targeted towards Health Information Management/Medical Record directors, but is available to anyone looking to increase their health IT knowledge base. The program was developed in partnership with the long term care experts at The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society.
The certificate consists of 28 units and covers the following topics:
- HIM and technology
- HITECH Act
- Basic concepts of information and computer science
- Privacy and security
- Electronic health records
- Computerized provider order entry
- Clinical decision support systems
- Patient monitoring systems
- Functions of health IT systems
- Introduction to workflow redesign
- Health IT quality improvement
- Change management
- You have 20 weeks to complete the training with a time extension available for an additional fee.
- HealthPOINT and SDAHIMA members – $300.00
- Non-members – $425.00
If you are interested in registering for the Long Term Care: Introduction to Health IT Certificate, please click HERE.